On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 11:40:03AM -0400, Andy Williams wrote:
> All the one's that claimed to be valid from E::V failed chaddr!
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] had this result from chaddr:
> user: andyw. is good
> host: hillway.com is good
> address `[EMAIL PROTECTED]' is bad: rfc822 failure
>
> So I guess [EMAIL PROTECTED] is invalid even though it works.... wierd!

What is valid on the left hand side of an email address is extremely
weird anyway.  Practically anything is allowed.  A pseudo grammar for
them is in RFC822.  There's also much fun trying to parse them in
Friedl's book on regular expressions (the owl book).  He ends up with a
mammoth 5k regex to parse email addresses...

-Dom

--
| Semantico: creators of major online resources          |
|       URL: http://www.semantico.com/                   |