From: "Paul Mison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> (Isn't
> there an extra bank holiday next year for Golden Jubilee shenanigans?)

Apparently so.

Allegedly there is a move to bring the UK more into line with the rest of
Europe with regards to bank holidays. Several European nations put us to
shame when you compare us with countries like Germany (14 days IIRC). The
Golden Jubilee is the first to be introduced, with another 3 added over the
next few years. I guess the Golden Jubilee one will then be known as
Coronation Day or some such.

There was a link all about it on the bbc site, but that was earlier in the
year when I was living that other life, blissfully unaware I was about to be
made redundant :)

Barbie.