On Thu, Jun 14, 2001 at 10:44:50AM +0100, Jonathan Peterson wrote:
> At 10:01 14/06/01 +0100, you wrote:
> >The data from these files will primarily be diplayed within an HTML page.
> >perceived advantage of XML here (for someone who has barely scratched the
> >surface of what XML can do), is the ability to (relatively) easily take
> >the
> >XML and spit it out to the browser - and yes I know it's never quite that
> >simple.
>
> I'm biased because I'm now working in a highly SGML / XML based company,
> and it's remarkable what they manage to do with XSLT.

Seeing as this (alledgedly) a perl place, I'd like to point at that if
you're considering displaying XML on a web site, you should probably be
looking at http://axkit.org/ .  Matt Sergeant came and gave a talk us
a couple of months ago, it's a fine toy.

-Dom

--
| Semantico: creators of major online resources          |
|       URL: http://www.semantico.com/                   |