On Sun, Jun 24, 2001 at 04:18:55PM +0200, Marcel Grunauer wrote:
> Not being familiar with A::MC, I installed it but couldn't find SEEN or
> PROB in the source.

Ah, yes, I'm tearing it apart in preparation for a new release.
Snapshots and a the version I was hacking on at last rsync (last night
some time) can be found at
http://www.unixbeard.net/~richardc/lab/Algorithm-MarkovChain/

I'm aiming to get a subclass that uses Inline to cut down on memory
usage before I decide that the new virtual methods are general enough
for things that aren't (a) pure hashes or (b) mysql tables.  Then I'm
releasing it and letting it moulder for another six months.

>                      But if they're subroutines (as it looks like from
> the reference), surely they're available in a subclass through the
> method resolution mechanism? Or are SEEN and PROB not just simply
> subroutines?

They're constant subroutines as defined by use constants, which I'm
using as indexes into an array.  These seem not to bubble through
since I get it bitching about barewords.

--
Richard Clamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>