* Piers Cawley ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> I'm waiting for the DVDs to get up to season 4. Had a moment of
> madness and bought the first three seasons on Video about a fortnight
> before season one came out on DVD.

I'm pretty much in the same situation, however I'm getting pissed
with the film/distribution companies doing one of the following,

        a.) releasing the VHS and delaying the DVD release.

        b.) releasing an old film - but doing it in a deluxe
            version where you end up with a 2nd disc that you
            didn't really want. this also applies to blockbusters
            that are newly released (Gladiators), and don't get
            me started on 2001 - the price of this DVD is
            going to make me buy a dvd-rw for various reasons,
            that i'm sure you can guess

too date my best DVD purchase ever has been the Prisoner boxed
set, it is the best value and has given me far more pleasure
than its price. however i'm looking forward to Butch Cassidy
and the Sundance kid coming out - one of my favourite films of
all time. (apart from Maverick, but lets not start that again)

Greg

p.s.   cliques--   # but i dont think they really exist
p.p.s. flamewars-- # at least ones done in ernest

i bet no one will read this far

--
Greg McCarroll                                http://217.34.97.146/~gem/