So, the web is shit right, well at least imho. I want to buy stuff
I have to enter it in twenty different user databases, now there
are some solutions to this, off to the top of my head

        *       .Net            - its M$ so it must be evil
        *       XNS.org         - they are a bunch of pseudo-open
                                  sourcers, who are probably doomed
        *       dot.Gnu         - i.e. .Net but without the X million
                                  users M$ can supply

so it seems to me that whoever controls this area is going to be
pretty powerful. I also think the amount of info they will hold
will increase, probably via a data island structure that is based
on their infrastructure, with CC companies holding your CC info
and your doctor holding your medical info, etc.

It also seems that this is a lot more linked to IM (Instant messaging)
than the web, after all it truly does give you a dynamic online
presence.

So whats going to happen with all these things? The web shopping,
the personality management and the IM arena?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Greg

p.s. I'm willing to give a tech talk on this, if people will forgive
me for not being Perl orientated.

--
Greg McCarroll                                 http://217.34.97.146/~gem/