On 1 Oct 2001, Steve Mynott wrote:

> Dave Hodgkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > OK, so moreover has been grim for the last three or four months but
> > I've never had so many whammies in one day:
>
> Couldn't this be because it's the end of the financial quarter?

No - we've had all the end of quarter reports already and they made the
stock market sink.

Its more likely to be the prospect of a long and expensive war combined
with expensive and ineffective aid to counteract some of the effects of
said war finally combined with the sudden expenses of overenthusiastic
security kneejerking.

This makes investors scared and investors don't like to risk their money
any more than they have to or can be fooled into by a huge stock bubble.

A.

--
<A HREF = "http://termisoc.org/~betty";> Betty @ termisoc.org </A>
"As a youngster Fred fought sea battles on the village pond using a