On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 05:01:47PM +0100, Matthew Byng-Maddick wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 03:55:33PM +0100, Greg McCarroll wrote:
> > at the end of the day you have to give away personal ideals to live
> > in a society, the value of the society in terms of personal liberty,
> > is not how much information that have on you, but what they do with
> > it.
> As someone with a large interest in security, what all of your points miss
> is the idea of giving everyone the minimum information possible. Why give
> them an identity card with everything, when you can give them only your
> name or your name and address?

A more important question seems to be "what problem do you think this will
solve?".  That is the way to approach the problem when writing to your MP.
If you come across as being a paranoid nutcase you will be ignored.

Mr. Schneieieier's latest Cryptogram contains a goodly amount on ID cards,
if anyone doesn't subscribe, I think you can get it from his site
<http://www.counterpane.com>, and failing that, mail me off-list and I'll
forward it to you.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david