On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 08:49:10AM +0100, Greg McCarroll wrote:
                          ^^^^^^^^^^

> > =head1 STATUS
> >
> > Crack induced - If this is too common a classification for Perl RFC's
> > please let me know, and I can find another status that better
> > distinguishes it from the majority of RFC's.
> >

> You could have a status of "not enough coffee"
> Especially considering what time London.pm left the Three Cups last night.

It wasn't *that* late.  And some of us had to travel back to Cambridge
this morning.

I haven't seen anyone do a meet report[0] so I'll just wibble a bit.
After wandering around the side streets of Holborn for 10 mins (gah) I
arrived at the 3 Cups at about 6.30[1] to find a bunch of even more
hardened enthusiasts[2] already knocking back the double chocolate stout
(yum).  Over the course of the next five or so hours the nicely-sized
upstairs function room filled up with faces familiar and not-so-familiar.[3]
Our fearless leader managed to fob^H^Hsell off all the remaining hats.
Books for review were distributed.  Sue hugged people.  Simon Wilcox
provided dessert.  Alex goth narged.  Much good beer was drunk.

If that wasn't enough excitement, just a reminder that Cam.pm will be
having it's social next Friday (12th) in the Castle Inn, Cambridge.
To give certain people even more of an excuse for making the hike up
the M11, I'm having party on the Saturday.  Email me or see cam.pm.org for
more details.

L.
"I've got a lot of onlin ephotos, but no thumb nails."
"Isn't that painful?"

[0] Alex did in his blog, but that's up to him to post the URL here.
[1] Managed to get out of my seminar early
[2] Or unemployed
[3] Dave - your photos could do with some captions