Greg McCarroll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> * Dave Hodgkinson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >
> > How's the perl game going?
> >
> > I'm looking at a web-based turn-orieneted business game at the moment
> > that might fit a model...
>
> we really need to set up a mailing list, i have a file somewhere with
> ideas i'd like to see in the game (they are mainly structure of code
> stuff), but if someone gets a mailing list set up i'll make that my
> first post to it

The game we're talking about here shares _some_ attributes with what I
think has been proposed in that:

        It's turn based

        There are a couple of classes that hold state

        There's a recalc phase where the objects get updated based on
        rules

        It's single user, but for thousands of people!

Does that fit much with your thinking?

--
David Hodgkinson, Wizard for Hire        http://www.davehodgkinson.com
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com