I'd be very grateful if people could prod plough.barnyard.co.uk on port
2323, give it a few IP addresses, and let me know if it returns bogus
data.  If it does, can you tell me what address you gave it, what country
it should return, and if you know, the subnet number and the RIPE tag for
the network.  Yes, I know it can't be 100% accurate :-)

Currently, its database is that which I got from RIPE a month or so ago,
so it will fail on addresses allocated by ARIN and APNIC*.

The end result of all this will (hopefully!) be a system which will
satisfy broadcast rights owners so that major events like the Olympics and
World Cup can be streamed over that interwebby thing that I hear all the
cool kids talking about.  Unfortunately, those rights owners want to
restrict which countries $broadcaster can stream to.  Yes, this is a work
thang but it's far easier to run it at home than to get @modules approved
for install on a public-facing box here and get a port opened on the
firewall.

* - neither ARIN nor APNIC, it seems, make it easy to get their data in an
easily-digestible format.  If anyone knows where I can get it, please let
me know.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  There is no sigmonster