> > So its best to implement the mimimal amount of code on the basis there
> > will be fewer bugs in it.

> So why reimplement everything that moves?

You just answered your own question.

> interface, so the sysadmin has to comprehend something completely different
> to what he's used to, so that he can make it secure with ease.

Configuration is syntax.  Familiarity with a configuration syntax does
not make an application more secure.

Security comes from a sysadmins who understand the archetecture,
protocols and implementation.  It does not come from configuration
syntax.

Anyone who suggests that it is a factor should either be removed or have
the software they are using removed.

> Oh. right. I'll remember to try and download some of your software when
> your server is down, just so I can complain about it.

My software is mirrored on tucows.

Red