On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, robin szemeti wrote:

> but would you feel happy mounting your Linux partitions on your WinXXX
> box? ..

Again, yes. If it's mounted read-only, then that's good enough for me.
You're talking about a Windows virus that manages to screw up Windows so
bad that it can't boot, but if that was my fear then I wouldn't feel at
all having *nix on the same disc as it in the first place, whether or not
it ever got mounted. If this virus managed to trash the disk then the
damage is already done at that point. If the paranoia really runs that
deep, then they shouldn't be allowed anywhere near each other anyhow.

--
Chris Devers

"People with machines that think, will in times of crisis,
make up stuff and attribute it to me" - "Nikla-nostra-debo"