On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 09:31:13PM +0000, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:

> What's the state of the art with this? It looks like RBL is
> subscription-only and Russ Nelson has a downer on Orbz. I'd like
> something to do preliminary before Spambouncer has a bash at things.

I've got Spambouncer running as a test at the mo. Not impressed so far.
It's only been three or four days but it has failed to catch any spam
so far, letting it all go thru to my main mailbox. Specifically, it
has a filter to catch mime encoded mail that has only got an html version
since (apparently) no conventional mailer does that - they always include
a text version (I'm not convinced about that but...). It looks like about
80% of the spam I receive fits that description and 0% of it has been
caught by Spambouncer.

> I may well subscribe to RBL if necessary in the near future tho'.

Ditto

nic

--
live is the shit that makes life bloom