On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, David Cantrell wrote:

> I backup my server by rsync.  That accounts for well under 100Mb of
> traffic a day.  WELL under.  It's only the biggest most insane days that
> go above that.  Most days it's more like 20Mb.

Cool.  I shall definatly be bothering you for help with that then... ;-)
On the most insane day I create well over 10MB of data.  On an average day
I probably get at least half a megabyte of mail alone...

I guess what I'm worried about is potential billing for unplanned useage.
I like the fact with my current deal that I can use as much bandwidth as I
am able to and it won't effect my billing.   If I choose to do a full
backup of my box via dump and ssh, it may take a day or so, but it'll do
it for free.  If I want to run X off my box, then it's a little slow but
works for emacs.  If I want to fetch 100MB file to my box and then scp it
down (as blue younder's transproxy is being shite) then I can...

Maybe I'm being stuck in my ways.  Maybe I just need to learn to be a bit
more conservative over my bandwidth useage.

For the record, I've done lots and lots of looking around on the net, and
blackcatsnetworks are pretty competative.  dipsy knows about my results
(keyed under "$isp" or "$isp cost") if you want to look.

*sigh*

Mark.

--
s''  Mark Fowler                                     London.pm   Bath.pm
     http://www.twoshortplanks.com/              [EMAIL PROTECTED]