Dominic Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Piers Cawley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
>> You're still wrong in the oneline case:
>>
>> if ($foo) { do_foo_stuff() }
>> else      { do_other_stuff() }
>
> Are you sure it isn't:
>
>     $foo ? do_foo_stuff() : do_other_stuff();

What? The ternary operator in a void context? Shame on you. I 'prefer'
the '&& ||' trick in such contexts, but if/else is still better since
it's easy to add a statement to a block, but you can catch yourself
out with either of the other choices.

> Or perhaps (which I was shown in an interview once):
>
>     $foo && do_foo_stuff();
>     $foo || do_other_stuff();

But, but, that should be

--
Piers

   "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a language in
    possession of a rich syntax must be in need of a rewrite."
         -- Jane Austen?