On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 11:04:30AM -0000, Ivor Williams wrote:
> If the other person wanted always the latest version of my file, s/he
> should use a symbolic link instead. That's what symbolic links are for!

No, a symbolic link is for when you can't use a hard link - ie it's a
directory, or on a different filesystem.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

" In fact, Mr Cantrell, you are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant
  dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged
  birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody,
  abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then
  killed themselves in recognition of what they had done. "
       -- arp, after the "Bernie Shifman is a fucking idiot" page