From: "Paul Mison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Some of the group leaders didn't even know there was a group leaders
> list to subscribe to. Does this make me one of Dave Cross's one eyed
> kings?

It did mention the list in the appropriate blurb when I first set up
Birmingham.pm, so I can only assume that the blurb has now changed. That's
perhaps why there hasn't been many announcements on it in the last year.

> Random brainfart: is the diversity of Perl communities a strength or a
> weakness? Do people end up in the right place for them or just the first
> one they stumble on?

I think however anyone stumbles on the community is a good thing. The fact
that the community is so diverse is a strength. Not everyone is interested
in user groups, just as not everyone has the time to use IRC. Personally I
think the community as a whole benefits from all the avenues of interest,
even those forums we come across (provided someone tells them where to go
for the real goods of course) for newbies.

Barbie.