Just a thought...

Thinking about Perl usage in the M25 radius area, I wonder how much takeup
there is at the low budget end of the spectrum, in particular:

Education
Health
Charities

These seem to me to be ideal markets for Perl to become established in,
where the advantages of open source software over commercial packages could
be realised to the full.

It would be encouraging to see some _application_ code in these areas
appearing on CPAN.

Any perlmongers working in this area?

I was once a sysadmin in a hospital IT department - long before I knew perl.
Perl would have been very useful for many aspects of this job.

Ivor Williams
Sopra Mentor Consultant
LIFFE Core Systems Development
Extn: 2436   Mobile: 07752 234832

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and solely
for the intended addressee(s). Unauthorised reproduction, disclosure,
modification, and/or distribution of this email may be unlawful. If you
have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete it from your system. The views expressed in this message
do not necessarily reflect those of LIFFE (Holdings) Plc or any of its
subsidiary companies.