What do people consider to be a tasteful way of implementing a dynamically
extensible script? I'm thinking along the lines of a library directory
which is scanned by the script, and files in that directory may attach
to hooks in the script to add functionality. The user should be able to
add hook files or library dirs at run-time, of course.

(My script outputs code, and for a given code fragment a hook file would
output its own specialized variation according to the metaobject protocol
that the hook file is helping to implement. Multiple versions of the
same code coexist and are called in slightly differing circumstances.)

Tony.