On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 11:29:25AM +0000, Simon Wistow wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 10:51:44AM +0000, Roger Burton West said:
> > Or use something other than mutt to tell you which mailboxes have new
> > messages in them. xbuffy/gbuffy, if you're using an X desktop, for
> > example.
>
> I'm, err, not.
>
> Unless I decide to run an X connection over ssh aswell. Which I don't
> want to.

So gut the X app and turn it into a console-based one.  The trick for
identifying which messages are new won't be X-specific after all.

Alternatively I've found I like maildirs.  They're a little more work,
but identifying new messages is just a case of

(ls Maildir/new ; ls Maildir/cur | grep -v ':2,[A-R]?*S[T-Z]?$' ) | wc -l

And identifying which folders have new stuff is just when
Maildir/{cur,new}/ was modified later than Maildir/

--
Richard Clamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>