On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Simon Wistow wrote:

> [....] So we've bet the house on Perl 6 as a super duper shiny new
> language. Unfortunatley this new language is taking an awfully long time
> to come to fruition - we're only up Apocalypse 4 and that's taken a year

...and aren't we still waiting for the accompanying Exegesis 4? It's
probably just that my brane is full (or torn), but the Apocalypsese only
really start to make sense for me after I've had a chance to read the
Exegesis for each one.

This isn't to pick on Damien -- I'm sure he's busy -- but to urge him on
to do more good work like he has been doing.

Over here, we're lucky enough to get Dan Sugalski giving talks on his
progress with Parrot most months, and it seems like things are going well.
I'm not counting Perl6 out quite yet... :)

--
Chris Devers

"Okay, Gene... so, -1 x -1 should equal what?" "A South American!"
[....] "no human can understand the Timecube" and Gene responded
 without missing a beat "Yeah.  I'm not human."