hello,

part 1.

i'm involved with a plan to run computer workshops (diy hardware, linux,
open source) at a 'free school' that's happening in a community centre in
elephant and castle for six weeks in the second half of april, and may.
most of the classes will be by and for women, others open.

i have five old ex-corporate P100 workstations that i blagged from
lowtech.org at access space in sheffield in exchange for teaching there,
but they are just boxes, so i'm hunting around for old redundant monitors.
someone on my list suggested i try the perlmongers :)

so if you or your employers have any dead-ish, old 14" monitors lying
about that would otherwise be thrown away or have to be landfilled, do you
think you could chuck one or two my way? this also goes for keyboards,
mouses, anything useful ;) i'm afraid i can't offer any money for this it
is simply a question of goodwill for community technology re-use.

part 2.

i'm also looking to buy an old machine for a few hundred quid to use as a
server in an art exhibition. this would be early pentium but needs decent
RAM and also ethernet/56k modem, and need just be the box. i am scouting
about in loot for one, though i notice many selling whole systems
inc DVD drives etc which i dont necessarily want, though there are some
nice looking prices there all the same, it would confuse the budget a bit.

so also, if anyone has such a box which they are looking to get shot of
please mail me offlist that would be great.

i guess i can arrange to collect, i am north-east london tho.

sorry about all the public blagging

jo
xxxx