On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Andy Williams wrote:

> Does anyone know of any perl/web based apps for logging support calls
> and change management... before I write one?

Request Tracker! It folds, it spindles, it mutilates and more! It's a bug
tracking system! It's a customer support ticketing sytem! No wait, you're
both right! Gratuitous exclamation point!

RT is a very nice ticketing system that can used well in a variety of
situations, including support logging among others. It provides a nice,
configurable web interface (using Mason, iirc -- it uses a huge chunk of
CPAN, actually...), but RT also allows people to interact via email or
through the command line. The back end can be DBM (...I think...), MySQL,
PostgreSQL, or Oracle, depending on what you want to do with it. Very nice
software, and of course it's all free beer / free speech.

See it in use at http://rt.cpan.org/.

Learn more about it at http://www.fsck.com/projects/rt/.

Download it from http://www.fsck.com/projects/rt/download.html.

Enjoy...

--
Chris Devers                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Apache / mod_perl / http://homepage.mac.com/chdevers/resume/