Dave Cross on 27 March 2002 10:29 wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good beginners level tutorial about what
> C<use strict> and C<use warnings> do for you and why using them
> is a very good idea.
>
> If there isn't one, I'm thinking of writing one.

Got this one on Perlmonks: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=111088

Also, there's been a fair amount of recent correspondence on the subject of
global variables on the same forum. But then you should know that, davorg
;-).
Also, a quick Google on "global variables" gives lots of pages, illustrating
that they are bad in many languages, including Visual Basic.

Any guide to "use strict and warnings" should also include a note about
modperl, in that both global variables and uninitialised values cause
modperl to break.

Go ahead and write one. Nice one Dave. davorg++

Ivor.

BTW 'tachyon' should be coming to the emergency social tonight @ Penderel's
Oak.