On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Nicholas Clark wrote:

>                                                  I want to bounce the
> bloody things and make the senders life hell if possible, rather than
> silently sending them to /dev/null locally)

Oh please don't do that !

Most spammers spoof their return address, I've had one of my addresses
used, as has Leon, so returning messages doesn't make anyone's life hell
except for the poor schmucks who've had their addresses highjacked.

Those that do use valid addresses just get proof that you're real and spam
you all the more, or just drop all the bounces programmatically so it
really has no effect.

Please just bin them.

Simon.

--