On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 01:25:47PM +0100, Kate L Pugh wrote:
> Well, the interweb lied to me; the Ivy House doesn't do food in the
> evenings, so it's really a bit of a dead loss in terms of a possible
> social venue.  It also only had one hand-pulled beer ("Tiger"), which
> I seem to remember people said tasted a bit flat.  We did have lots of
> fun, though, and ended up going to Belgo's afterwards for nice beer
> and food.  (emergency meets)++

A geeky friend of mine* is the guvnor of the Pillars of Hercules, on Greek
St.  I've asked him whether it would be possible to take the pub over for
an evening.  I'll let you know what he says.

* - he's into CPCs and Vaxen :-)

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell     |     http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  With ... the fact that Linux has become so easy to install that
  certain species of bacteria are now being hired by MIS departments,
  what was once the domain of rigorously trained, highly specialized
  professionals has devolved into the Dark Land of the Monkeys.
     -- Greg Knauss