On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 06:45:03PM +0200, Paul Johnson wrote:

> the latest English ROM for the Zaurus.  Then I downloaded zgcc, upgraded

> produces bad assembler - "destination register same as write-back base".
> Google told me that Nick had seen that message a few years ago :-)  Using
> -O2 worked fine and only 13/646 tests fail.  Almost another notch to add
> to perlport.

What grim version of gcc do they supply? It's not like gcc 2.95 was released
yesterday. (Let alone 3.0 or 3.1)
Also, why would it need to be in perlport? If the Zaurus is running Linux on
arm then surely it's not a port? So it it's not running vanilla Linux, what
is it running?
[Yes, Linus doesn't have all the arm patches in his tree, so you do need a
patch from Russell King (the arm maintainer) to get Linux on arm to work.
Presumably you mean further patches]

> Unfortunately I've had no time to properly investigate or to put
> together a proper patch, but maybe now I'll be able to make a little
> progress with Devel::Cover while people think I'm taking copious notes
> during meetings :-)

Ah. Now this is a good thing to be able to do.
I would have loved to be able to do that at certain pointless meetings at
a previous employer.

Nicholas Clark
--
Even better than the real thing:        http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/