* Mark Fowler ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> only a madman would suggest[1]

Memoize doesnt just memoize to memory, its got a plugable cache
architecture (you can stick objects in to deal with the storage for
you (it used to be tied datastructures)) . You can plugin in any old
cache you want and store it to DBM files, DBI databases, files,
etc. etc. There are examples with the Memoize install.

> Basically what I want is to store the graphs and charts to disk where
> they can later be served - either immediatly, or again anytime from a few
> minutes away to a few hours away.

If you want to limit disk space you could even look at the ExpireLRU or
somesuch cache, which expires the least recently used.

Greg

--
Greg McCarroll                         http://www.mccarroll.org.uk/~gem/
                                   jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]