We're still on the quest for another pub.  People are getting fed up
with Sam Smith's beer, and with being in a cellar in the summer
months, and at least some of us find that the acoustics in the Cittie
of Yorke make it very difficult to hear people, once we've filled the
place up.

A little poking about on www.e-street.com revealed that there is a
Youngs pub with a function room on Gray's Inn Road; the Calthorpe
Arms.  It was CAMRA North London pub of the year last year.  I phoned
them up and they said that the function room "seats 30", but this is
with a formal dining room layout and they'd be able to move stuff
around for us.  So, the proposal is to visit it next Wednesday (10th
July) and take a look.  We'll be there from 6pm.

  http://www.portal.e-street.net/com/uk/lon/BusinessPage.ly?businessID=10011386
    (photo and brief review)
  http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=530780&Y=182355&A=Y&Z=1
    (corner of Gray's Inn Road and Wren Street)
  http://www.fancyapint.com/thepubs/pub342.htm
    (review)

Getting there: it's a short walk from any of King's Cross St Pancras,
Russell Square, and Chancery Lane Tube stations; and buses 17 and 45
go down Gray's Inn Road and stop very close to the pub.

Kake