Alex McLintock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Traditionally I have been using Java and Cocoon for my XML/XSL tools
>however I am now looking at what content management systems are out there.
>I'm looking at Wyona which is a CMS system for Cocoon but has almost no
>documentation.
>
>People on this list have mentioned AxKit a lot - which I have never used,
>and I recently came across this tool for CMS http://www.callistocms.com/
>
>Does anyone have any experience of this? without going down a "perl is
>better than java" flame war, if possible.

Sorry, no experience of AxKit or CallistoCMS, however, AxKit is the XML
delivery system of choice for a lot of people on the Perl-XML mailing list,
and it's certainly being (ab)used enough to be confident that it's stable
and production ready. From reading up on its use and configuration options,
you could do a lot worse than use it. Particularly if things like
XPathScript tickle your fancy. But remember, AxKit is not a CMS, it's just
an XML delivery engine.

You might also want to check out http://xims.uibk.ac.at, which is a CMS
system that uses AxKit. Christian Glahn is the author of XML::CGIApplication
and the current maintainer of XML::LibXML, and from what I understand, he's
also involved with XIMS at the University of Innsbruck.

Again, no experience of it, but thought you might like some more
alternatives :)

Ian