It's the fact that the job market is low, that
recruitment agencies and employers don't feel the
need for common decency.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Adam Spiers
Sent: 01 October 2002 22:18
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [JOB] mod_perl engineer

Alistair Francis ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As I mentioned to Dave Hodgkinson, and the london.pm list in the process
> (!), I have just taken over responsibility for the development team for
> the Olympics project.
>
> I had assumed that I had seen all of the CVs which were submitted via
> jobserve.com, however, this is clearly not the case (as HR have ensured
> to send feedback to all the candidates).

Don't forget gojobsite.co.uk too.  Whoever you took over from must
have been pretty slack, because I also applied and never got a reply,
and my skillset matches the job closely enough I can be pretty sure my
CV wasn't rejected on grounds of unsuitability.  Shame.  Too late now
though; I got another job which pays a lot more :-)

Am I the only one who has recently found agencies and companies in
general remarkably apathetic at contacting applicants?