On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 07:48:32AM -0400, Chris Devers wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Tim Sweetman wrote:
>
> > Well, sort of - search engines find documents to fit certain criteria;
> > this tries to find documents similar to other documents.
>
> Aeguably part of the same problem space though. I don't know where you can
> find them anymore [ironically], but when it was just a Stanford research
> project, Google had white papers on, among other things, their techniques
> for finding & filtering out similar documents from search results.

Here's a wacky idea.  Let Google index them.  Search google for
similar items, restricting the search to your web site.

Of course it depends on how google defines similar.  It could say
*every* joke is similar, since even differnt jokes would have many
things in common.

--
mike
It's tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time, it's tricky