At 11/10/2002 11:23 [], Nicholas Clark wrote:
On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 11:09:14AM +0100, Alex McLintock wrote:

> At 21:38 10/10/02, you wrote:
> >Vacancy: Senior OO Perl Developer
> >

> >Senior OO Perl Developer required with the following key skills and
> >experience:
> >
> >Job Type:       Permanent
> >Duration     2 years
>

> This sounds like our good old Olympics ticketing job again if it is a
> "permanent" job which only lasts for two years.
> Perhaps if the vacancy lasts long enough they might find someone prepared
> to take it.

Based on my experience, I can't see any practical distinction between 2 years
and permanent. So if I take that out of the equation, and we consider it at
permanent rates rather than contractor rates, what's so wrong with it?

It's not like sports.com's 3 month job at permanent rates.
Well, exactly. I thought it looked familiar, but then it also looked like a job that people here might be interested in. It seems to pay reasonably well, and frankly a 2 year contract is as good as a permanent position - better, in fact, because from day one you know when you're leaving (and therefore next available for work)

Ah well, I tried to help.

/joel

--
S. Joel Bernstein :: joel at fysh dot org :: t: 020 8458 2323
"Nobody is going to claim that Perl 6's OO is "bolted on". Well, except