link to http://www.perldoc.com/readinglist.pl was here - please look at it

> > > might be somewhat excessive for our needs (linking to 4 different vendors)
> > > but it does have the advantage that it uses an Amazon affiliates code that
> > > raises money for the perl mongers (if you buy via Amazon)
> > >
> > > Might we want to do that, to try to funnel some revenue to the perl
> > mongers?
> >
> > This was recently suggested for Birmingham.pm, but haven't had time to join
> > any. Apparently there are quite a few affiliate programmes around these
> > days, so could be quite useful.
> >

> Perhaps this is something that can be co-ordinated through pm.org itself, as
> this may avoid conflicts of interest between regional monger groups.
>
> Davorg care to comment?

davorg is on holiday for two weeks: http://use.perl.org/~davorg/journal/8293

The links on that page were already of the form

   http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1930110006/perlmongers01

which would appear to be a single central Amazon affiliate for the perl
mongers. But we should check (with Dave or someone else pm.org related)
that that affiliate is still live, and still shovelling pennies to the
right people.

Nicholas Clark