Andy Williams wrote:
I have a client who wants output from a reporting system in word format
(Yuck!!). I've told them that we can out put it as RTF format.
(We really just wanted to do an HTML report, but his boss doesn't like
HTML!)
Don't forget to make the output read only...

This will be a fixed format report so seems to be a good idea to use TT2 or
such like.

I've had a look around CPAN for a RTF module and there are a couple.
I need one that can generate tables - I don't think that RTF::Document
doesn't - so I've opted for using RTF::Writer.

Basically just wondering if anyone has any stories (good or bad) about using
this module or combining it with TT2.
You might want to talk to Sean Burke. I've seen from his use.perl.org that he's being doing a lot of RTF output recently. He also wrote RTF::Writer.

http://use.perl.org/~TorgoX/journal/
http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/~sburke/

-Dom

--
| Semantico: creators of major online resources |
| Tel: +44 (1273) 722222 |