On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 12:36:54PM +0000, Michael Styer wrote:
> > I'd be interested as to why you think it feels backwards...
> Well, if I have a parent object which has a collection of child objects of
> some class (or collections of objects of different classes), it seems like
> the parent should know what it has to do to add a child to (one of) its
> collection(s), as long as you give it the right data for the new child
> object. As it is, the parent can retrive objects it contains but can't add
> more, so the programmer has to know what class the child objects are in
> order to add more of them.

Gotcha. That makes perfect sense! :)

> > I don't think so. Would you mind submitting a patch?
> Sure. I'll send it off-list unless anyone else is interested.

Great.

> While we're on the subject of Class::DBI, I'm getting deep recursion in
> Class::DBI::DESTROY. It's the call to $self->id at line 501 that seems to
> set it off, but if I take out my triggers it works. Probably something I'm
> doing wrong and I've got the perl debugger on the task, but if anyone has
> any suggestions about where to look I'd love to hear them.

First suggestion is to update to 0.90_05 (available from
www.class-dbi.com), which in the next day or two is going to become
0.90. It gives better error messages for some deep recursion cases that
might help you track the problem better...

If that doesn't help, then feel free to send me your code off-list (or
to the CDBI mailing list), and I'll see if I can spot anything.

Thanks,

Tony