On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 01:49:38AM +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> People wrote:
> > Today (or maybe yesterday) orbz started listing the entire internet.  So
> > MAPS were vaguely competent for the most part, but their trick of
> I don't understand how anyone could feel comfortable deligating the
> desision of who can and cannot send you mail to a third party.

These days, I don't blacklist on people who are on such lists, I delay mail
based on that. I use it as a guide rather than an absolute. I agree with
you on this, however. There was a time when it was a reasonably useful thing
not to have to deal with this kind of rubbish yourself, but it's got to the
stage where they're all run by [deleted], and therefore you can't trust them
not to list things without having done some kind of sensible check first.

Yes, I do remember when the MAPS RSS managed to list 127.0.0.1. I think
that was the real eye-opener for me on how appalling these things can be.

--
Lusercop.net - LARTing Lusers everywhere since 2002