On Wednesday, Dec 4, 2002, at 10:42 Europe/London, Mark Fowler wrote:
Toby wrote:
Can you think of a better name?
If it's a Tied interface, how about putting it in the Tie:: namespace.
How about not? I have an old niggle, but I've come to treat it with some respect over time, and that's that modules should be named for what they do, not how they do it. It's why I changed the name of Attribute::Parameters to Sub::Parameters, since that's more in keeping with what it does.

Don't call it 'libomd', as lower case module names are normally reserved
for pragmatic modules (modules that change the way perl behaves like
'strict', 'warnings', 'base' and 'vars'). In fact, why not gloss over that
bit entirely and just call it Tie::NetMD.
<nitpick>All-lower case, one-word package names are reserved for pragmas. When you get past the first :: it's a regular namespace.</nitpick>

As an example, threads is a pragma, but threads::shared is a utility module. See also DBD::mysql.

Of course the definitive place to ask for advice for module names is on
the modules list : http://lists.perl.org/showlist.cgi?name=modules
I've also found module-authors useful in the past: http://lists.perl.org/showlist.cgi?name=module-authors

--
Richard Clamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>