On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 11:13:17AM +0000, Dave Cross wrote:
> > It's commonly used to pass named arguments:
> >
> >     set_lang( -name=>'Perl', -paradigm=>'hybrid', -motto=>'TMTOWTDI' );
>
> I thought that was using "=> quotes its left-hand operand" magic
> quoting, not "unary - quotes its operand" magic quoting :)

IIRC, way back in the early days of perl5 => was just a different
way to write , it did not have auto-quoting properties. The leading
- to the word did though. Although I think that was added after the
original perl5 release. It may have been push for by Nick in the
early days of Tk development.

Graham.