David M. Wilson wrote:
> I don't think PHP has ever been known as that.. it's earliest names
> are cited in the manual:

Well it could just be a bad memory block on my part, but my recollection
is that it really was originally the Perl Hypertext Preprocessor, but
the name soon got changed, all reference to Perl was removed and
history was effectively rewritten to make it look like there never was
any reference to Perl.

A google on "Perl Hypertext Preprocessor" seems to uncover quite a few
other people who know also know it by that name.

Either way, it's not called that now and it's not based on Perl, so it's
a moot point.