On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 03:13:59PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 03:02:49PM +0000, Ben wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 01:15:06PM +0000, Adam Spiers wrote:
> > > This is genuine and hot off the press:
> > >
> > >   Perl / Linux / Oracle looking at a Team Leader type role - slightly
> > >   longer term as a form of CTO (Chief Tech Officer) - still very much
> > >   hands on though.
> >
> > This is the same as a lead I posted before Xmas. I am informed that it's
> > a bit naughty of the agents to be releasing this much detail so early
> > in the process. The job, however, is real.
>
> I thought I'd seen it before. Any clues (from insiders, or just plain
> guesses) as to why it's being advertised again, and seemingly touted as
> "new"? Particulary as there seem to be enough CFT-enabled perl mongers to
> fill it several times.

It's not being advertised again. The job is still at a pre-interview stage, and
likely to remain so for at least a few more weeks. It hasn't formally been
advertised yet at all, and no-one has been interviewed for it.

Also, it's worth making the point that this isn't a perl code-cutters role.
There's a lot more to it than that, and I think it's going to be a very
difficult role to fill. Not because they want the moon and are prepared to
pay sixpence, but because it's genuinely a bit different and quite
stressful.

Ben