Blackwell, Lee [IT] wrote:
Is anyone aware of any bugs in Net::SMTP->new?  Or maybe IO::Socket that it
calls?

Same code works on one server, but not another; and after yesterdays modules
debacle, I've ensured that both servers have got *exactly* the same versions
of perl (5.6.1), modules & solaris.  I've even built up file lists and
diff'd them (they're identical)

The call actually dies inside IO::Socket

sub new {
    my $class = shift;
    unshift(@_, "PeerAddr") if @_ == 1;
    return $class->SUPER::new(@_);    <-- Here
}

However, my perl isn't good enough to fully understand whats happening here.
Try running the program under "strace" to see what's /really/ happening. It might well be that something else funny is going on.

-Dom

--
| Semantico: creators of major online resources |
| Tel: +44 (1273) 722222 |