On Monday, Feb 17, 2003, at 13:07 Europe/London, Dave Cross wrote:

Well I was talking about Xemacs, not Emacs. There are differences.

When I open a Perl file in Xemacs I get a new "Perl" menu. This
includes a "Debugger" menu item. Running this, runs my Perl code
in the Perl debugger within the Xemacs buffer. And the Xemacs
debugging support understands the output from the Perl debugger
and amkes it all nice and interactive.
I would also recommend xemacs (which works very well under windows) but should you wish to use emacs in the same way all you have to do is change the default perl mode to cperl by using

(add-hook 'perl-mode-hook
'(lambda () (cperl-mode)))

in your .emacs which will make things a *lot* easier. Basically xemacs has more modern defaults than emacs.

Both emacs and xemacs (not the same program as emacs with X!) integrate very well with other GNU tools like gcc etc

--
Steve Mynott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>