On Monday 24 February 2003 22:18, Bill Corr wrote:
> No, I'm not looking for a job, although I might be forced to in a few
> weeks time. What I'd like to know is what the job market is like for
> Perl programmers in the London area.
>
> Is working as a contractor a viable proposition, or am I deluding
> myself? What sort of level of experience is generally the minimum level
> required (contract or full time)?

umm

http://www.jobstats.co.uk

see that ... ? thats a graph that is.

The concensus seems to be that the graph gives the impression that there
might still be the odd one or two jobs, but this is most likely a statistical
error.

I think I know more unemployed programmers than employed ones .. even if you
include the ones that have changed 'careers' to other such things as lorry
driving, and stacking shelves in supermarkets ....

--
Robin Szemeti