Jonathan Peterson wrote:
Nigel Hamilton wrote:
Hi,

    I've been thinking about ways I can make my Perl modules run
faster.

Funny, I was also thinking that. "I know", I thought, "I'll use the perl profiler".

Several core dumps later, I've sort of abandoned the idea.

The profiler was never very robust, but in perl 5.8.0 it seems even less so. Anyone else find this?

Hmmm, Yes. I see far more frequent core dumps than I'd like.

However, you can always rty Sam Tregar's Devel::Profiler, which is a pure perl solution, so shouldn't (in theory) core dump.

Recently, I've also been impressed by DBI::ProfileDumper, which is damned useful if you're doing DBI work.

-Dom

--
| Semantico: creators of major online resources          |
|       URL: http://www.semantico.com/                   |