Hi Folks,

To cut a long story short I will be getting access
to a COM interface which will return me ADO RecordSet
objects for some information I need to put
into another (mySQL) database.

I've never used COM, or ADO (Active Data Object) so
I'm looking for some documentation on where to start
or a statment of "It can't be done get them to write
a different interface" (needs to be avoided if possible
for cost reasons).

I've been googleing and CPANing, but nothing seems to
relate to this situation (actually I might have seen
something but not recognised it!).

Ideals:
-------
I would prefer to do this all on a Linux Box, but
a Windoz server could be organised as the processing
bit, then piped out to mySQL on a Linux Box.

This needs to be reasonably fast as it's updating
a constant reporting process - something like
a query every 5 seconds.

Any pointers are much appeciated.

Thanks

Leo