On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Nick Woolley wrote:

> Paul M said:
> >But I'd like to test another headless machine's X clients.
>                                                  ^^^^^^^^^
> So actually, maybe I was too hasty suggesting VNC.

Not necessarily, I'm reliably informed that VNC runs X desktops as
separate screens, so popping up a VNC session originating on a unix box
won't replicate the desktop running on console, but will be a full window
managered session, which you can connect and disconnect to with VNC.  So a
bit weird, but I know a couple of people who run this way for some jobs
they work on.  And obviously you can use this session from windows, X, or
anything else which vnc supports.

the hatter