On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Brian Smart wrote:

> My web server is unix Apache. I am running Window2000 on my machine.
> If I use ssh to contact my website, change to the cgi-bin directory and
> enter "./icecream.cgi" as stated with the web host documentation, I get the
> following:

> <!DOCTYPE html
>         PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
>         "DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<snip>
> Unfortunately this means nothing to me. I hope it means something to you
> all!

The output is the HTML for your webpage and it proves that the script is
executable by your userid and that the path to the perl interpreter is
correct.

It would seem reasonable to state that the problem is that the script is
not executable by the web process.

Ensure that the user your apache process runs as has execute and read
rights to the script. The easiest way to do this is probably chmod 705
ice-cream.cgi

Jason Clifford
--
UKFSN.ORG               Finance Free Software while you surf the 'net
http://www.ukfsn.org/           Get the T-Shirt Now