I have a couple of HTML questions ...

How do I make a form submit itself when the user changes the value of a drop-down list? Mr. Elthek says Javascript, but a leetle bit more detail would be nice :-)

And, seeing that it would be Just Wrong to make that the only way of submitting the form, I'm going to have a submit button too. How do I do that funky thang where you can just hit enter to make that button do its thang?

I suppose I'd better explain why I want to do this ... on my web shite I have links to my amazon wishlists. Trouble is, those wishlists are shit - there's no way, for example, to show both my amazon.com and amazon.co.uk lists together, or to only show DVDs, or all sorts of other stuff. So I tried to use the new web services thing to suck all the data out of them. I failed, cos it requires all sorts of SOAP/XML/XSLT/WFAS crap which I don't understand. Muttley's WWW::Amazon::Wishlist screen-scraper did the job though, at least well enough for me to suck enough data out to work with. Anyway, I now have the data in a CSV file, which I am querying using DBD::CSV (yeah, overkill, but I'm lazy). I have it spitting out tables of data, plus the ability to filter by item type and by which species of amazon. But I want the HTML form to do magic. So there.

Oh, and for some reason I can't add anything to my wishlist on amazon.co.uk, which is a good reason to host the damned thing myself.

--
David Cantrell